INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION AND TENDER FOR EXECUTION OF YEAR 2016 – 2019
THE FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC BAUCHI
PMB 0231, BAUCHI
(OFFICE OF THE RECTOR)
INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION AND TENDER FOR EXECUTION OF YEAR 2016 – 2019 MERGED TETFUND ANNUAL INTERVENTION PROJECTS
Interested, competent, reputable and qualified companies with relevant experience are invited to submit pre-qualification and tender bids for year 2016 – 2019 Merged Annual Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND) Intervention Projects as follows:
2.0 SCOPE OF WORKS/SUPPLIES
CATEGORY A: INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION
Lot C1: Construction and Expansion of School of Environmental Technology
Lot C2: Construction of Science Laboratory Technology Department.
Lot F1: Supply and Installation of Furniture for Academic Departments.
CATEGORY B: INVITATION TO TENDER
Lot C3: Remodeling of White House Block, Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Lot E1: Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Computers for
Lot E2: Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Laboratory Equipment
For Academic Departments.
3.0 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Interested bidders should submit the following eligibility documents indicating the minimum qualifications required of the bidders.
- Verifiable Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC2 and CAC7;
- Verifiable Evidence of Company’s Income’s Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December 2020 with minimum average turnover of (Ꞥ200) million for Lots C1 and C2, (Ꞥ100) million for Lot F1 and (Ꞥ35) million for Lots E1 and E2;
- Verifiable Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2020;
- Verifiable Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2020;
- Verifiable Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2020;
- Verifiable Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring 31st December, 2020 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Evidence of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) or authorized Representative to be eligible to bid for Lots E1 and E2 only.
- Sworn Affidavit attested to by a Director of the company:
- disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of Federal Polytechnic Bauchi or the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the company and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars,
- That none of the Directors of the company has been convicted in any country for any criminal offence and that the company is not bankrupt or under receivership.
- That the company shall not sublet the contract without the written approval of the client, shall employ and maintain the registered Engineer(s) claimed during the project execution.
- Company’s Audited Account for the last three (3) years (2017, 2018 & 2019) respectively.
- Bank reference from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to grant financial facility to the company if required.
- Company’s Profile with curriculum vitae of key staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications (in case of construction: COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON, etc.)
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Award, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects.
- List of Plants/Equipment with proof of ownership/lease agreement (Lots C1, C2 & C3 only);
- Where a bidder quoted the sum of N300million and above for works projects or N100million for Goods projects, the financial tender must be accompanied with the 2% bid Security to avoid disqualification from the procurement exercise.
- All Documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Phone Number (Preferably GSM No.) and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Company Directors at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized Officer of the Firm.
All Documents must be paginated and signed.
4.0 COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS (CATEGORY B)
Qualified bidders are to collect the bid documents at the Procurement Office room 9 ground floor, Central Administrative Building of the Polytechnic on presentation of payment receipt of Ten thousand Naira (Ꞥ10,000.00) only per Lot, paid into the Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi’s remita account.
5.0 SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Category A: Prospective bidders are to submit pre-qualification documents for each of Lots: C1, C2 and F1 desired; two (2) hard copies of each of the Technical Bid package in sealed envelope clearly marked as “Technical Bid”.
Category B: Interested bidders for Lots: C3, E1 and E2 are to submit both Technical and Financial bid documents, two (2) hard copies of each, packaged in two separate sealed envelopes and clearly marked “Technical Bid” and “Financial Bid” respectively. Both the documents should be combined and submitted in a sealed envelope.
The Documents should be Addressed to the Head of Procurement, Federal Polytechnic Bauchi and clearly marked with (the name of the project and Lot number). Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box in the Procurement Unit, room 9, Central Administrative building, Federal Polytechnic Bauchi not later than 12:00 noon on Monday, 10th August, 2020 (Category A) and 12:00 noon on Monday, 31st August, 2020 (Category B) Respectively.
6.0 OPENING OF PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
The Technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on Monday, 10th August, 2020 (Category A) and 12:00 noon on Monday 31st August, 2020 (Category B) respectively at the 510 Lecture Hall in the presence observers, while the financial bids will be kept un-opened. Please ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the Procurement Office, as the Polytechnic will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids. For further enquiries, please contact the Head of Procurement on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.0 GENERAL INFORMATION
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder;
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened;
- Bidders should not bid for more than one (1) Lot;
- All costs will be borne by the bidders;
- Category A: Only pre-qualified bidders will be contacted at a later date for collection of tender documents;
- Category B: Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened;
- The technical bids opening shall be conducted in line with COVID19 guidelines;
- Bid documents can also be collected in Soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services);
- The Polytechnic is not bound to pre-qualify/shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
Head of Procurement,
Federal Polytechnic Bauchi.